Trying to make the best of a bad situation, your Dancing Dean has come up with his top list of things to do on his unpaid furlough. He can’t be Dean these Fridays but he sure can dance!
- Take an extra long walk through my neighborhood looking for haiku inspirations.
- See if I can make this Friday a non-gas consumption day. If not, try to get to a beach or a park as part of my day.
- Invite a friend to dinner and cook for a change.
- Don’t shave!
- Send out another op-ed promoting universal health care, higher education, or humanities.
- Chat with a neighbor I would rarely see otherwise, send a card to Mom & Dad, or do both.
- Catch up on Facebook.
- Rewind highlights from last night’s Project Runway.
- Sit down, concentrate, and read a book and/or work on a long delayed research project.
- Watch Ellen and dance along with her.
After a full day of such fulfilling tasks sleepy Saturday is sure to follow.